You can easily specify shipping settings for your Walmart products. Walmart has simplified this process by introducing Shipping Templates. These templates let you manage your Walmart shipping settings across several products at once (e.g. service levels, shipping regions, transit times, and shipping rates).
For example, you can create a template with 2-Day shipping and assign it only the SKUs you’re ready to offer. You could then customize the rest of your catalog with different templates such as Standard Shipping for other items across the country.
Sellers can create multiple Walmart shipping templates and map specific groups of SKUs to each. The process has two steps:
Step 1: Create templates on Walmart Seller Center
Select Shipping Templates under the Shipping Profile in the Settings drop-down. This will open the Seller Fulfillment Settings dashboard. You can also check this Walmart Knowledge Base post for more details about the Walmart Shipping Template.
- Two-day shipping always wins if enabled. When you have Value and TwoDay enabled on the template, the TwoDay configuration will always win price configuration.
- If you do not offer Two-day shipping but you want to disable the free Value shipping, you need to create a special template called “Paid Standard Template”. This special template will remove the Value shipping and take the Standard rates as default. Check this video for details on how to set it up.
Step 2: Assign templates to products via GeekSeller (this step can be also done via Walmart Seller Center)
- You can edit individual product via the GeekSeller interface tab “Shipping Overrides”
- Keep in mind that if you want to remove the template from a product you need to select “Remove” from the drop-down and submit it to Walmart. The red X on the right will only remove a row.
- Remember that submitting product data to Walmart does not send Shipping Templates information, please use a dedicated button to send it.
- You can also add or remove Walmart Shipping Templates via CSV, go to Tools > ShippingTemplates Bulk Update.