You can easily specify shipping settings for your Walmart products. Walmart is simplifying this process by introducing Shipping Templates. Shipping templates let you manage your shipping settings across several products at once (e.g. service levels, shipping regions, transit times, and shipping rates).
How it works: you can for example create a template called TwoDay Nationwide and assign only the SKUs you’re ready to offer. You could then customize the rest of your catalog with different templates such as ThreeDay Nationwide, TwoDay regional, or Standard Shipping for other items across the country.
Sellers can create up to 15 shipping templates and map specific groups of SKUs to each. The process has two steps:
- Create templates on Walmart Seller Center
- Assign templates to products via GeekSeller (this step can be also done via Walmart Seller Center)
(Step 1) Create templates on Walmart Seller Center
Select Shipping Templates under the Shipping Profile heading in the Seller Center Settings menu. This will open the Seller Fulfillment Settings dashboard. For more details on how to create templates visit this Walmart Knowledge Base post.
- Two-day shipping always wins if enabled. When you have Value and Two-day enabled on the template, then TwoDay configuration will always be taken as the winning price configuration.
- If you do not offer Two-day shipping but you want to remove the free Value shipping, you need to Set up a special template called “Paid Standard Template” as shown below. This special template when assigned to products will remove the Value and take the Standard rates as default.
(Step 2) Assign templates to products via GeekSeller
- You can edit individual product via the GeekSeller interface tab “Shipping Templates”
- Keep in mind that the availability of the product page form allows you to Remove or Add templates to the product. The red X on the interface is there to only remove a row. If your product has a template attached to it, you need to submit this form with the Action “Remove” for the selected template to remove it from the product.
- Remember that submitting product data to Walmart does not send Shipping Templates information to Walmart, please use a dedicated to this purpose button.
- You can also add or remove shipping templates via CSV, go to Tools > ShippingTemplates Bulk Update.