Walmart promotions are not easy to set up, there are many restrictions on how they can be activated and deactivated. Before you set up a promotion, please make sure to read the details of how they work and start with creating a promotion for one product and confirm it works as you wish before you apply it to other products.
If you are looking for a simple promotion to be added to your products, please see Reduced Price option. It is a much simpler version of promotions. Options below are just more fancy ways of showing your new price (they show badges), allowed to be scheduled and controlled where they can be displayed (for example only in a cart or in checkout).
Types of promotions
Clearance – This should be used only when you’re trying to clear out your inventory by significantly reducing the price (e.g., when an item is discontinued). If your item has a Clearance promotion and wins the Buy Box on the item page, it is displayed with a Clearance badge and the comparison price, similar to the image above.
Reduced – This should be used if savings are greater than $5 for items that cost more than $100, or 5% for items less than $100. This promotion functions the same as the Clearance promotion, except the badge displays Reduced.
Base – Walmart also provides a ‘promotion type’ called base, which you can use to hide your prices from a product page and display it in a cart or checkout only
Anatomy of a buy box:
Restrictions on promotions (Very Important!):
- You can set up to 10 promotions for a single product
- The effective start date for a given promotion should be more than four hours from the current date and time
- You cannot cancel a promotion within four hours of the start time, if you want to remove it you will need to follow steps shown on the bottom of this tutorial.
- Effective Date and Expiration Date are required
- A promotion Expiration Date cannot be before or equal to the promotion Effective Date.
- The Expiration Date of a given promotion cannot be later than 365 days from the current date and time. Any promotions beyond 365 days will result in an error.
- You cannot run multiple promotions for a given product at the same time. This means you cannot schedule promotions with overlapping time frames.
- Warning: a promotion that already started cannot be stopped. You can change product price only by modifying such promotion. Be careful with setting up promotions with long expiration dates.
Setting up promotions
1. Go to a list of products. If a product already has a promotion added click on the “Promotions” label:
To create a new promotion you need to edit a product (by clicking on its title) and then use the “Edit Promotions” button.
2. You can click “Load Promotions from Walmart” to check if your products have any promotions already running on Walmart, but which for some reason are not listed in GeekSeller panel.
3. To start a promotion click “Add New Promotion” button.
Examples of promotions
See Price in a cart promotion:
To set it up, use this setting:
To create a promotion with a price of 30.15, discount from 39.99 and insert Clearance badge use:
To delete a promotion:
– Edict promotions for a product
– Select Promotion Type that you want to remove
– Select Process Mode DELETE
– Promo Price should be empty
– Start Date and End Date also should be empty
***After you submit any promotion, go to Export Statuses section to verify it was processed correctly. Keep in mind this may take few hours for the promo to be removed from the product on Walmart.com***