Fulfillment or lead time is the time between the order placement and delivery. On Walmart, all orders must be delivered before the Expected Delivery Date, which is calculated based on these three factors:
Sellers can change all three components to increase their fulfillment time. Below you can find a breakdown of each component with instruction on how to change it.
Order Cutoff Time
This setting is available on Walmart Seller Center > Settings > Shipping Info tab. For example, you can set up the cutoff time to the early hours of your daily operation. This way, you will not have to fulfill the orders placed during your working hours until the next day.
- You can specify the separate cutoff time for seven days of the week.
- Remember to select the correct timezone of your fulfillment center. If you have more than one, you can specify its timezone on the fulfillment center settings (Settings > Seller Fulfillment > Fulfillment Centers).
Fulfillment Lag Time
You can add this value to your products to indicate the number of days needed to prepare the item for shipping.
- By default, it is set to 0.
- Any seller can apply one day of fulfillment lag time to any product.
- To apply for more than one day seller need to request permission from Walmart through the lag time exemption request.
- On Walmart, lag time has to be updated through the spec sheet. On GeekSeller, you can update it on the product page or through the CSV/XLS file.
This value is expressed based on your shipping methods settings. Transit time includes only business days.
You can change the transit time for Freight, Value, and Standard shipping through the shipping templates.
Here is a breakdown of this information based on a real example:
Let’s say that the customer:
- Placed an order Wednesday, Dec 1st at 2:30 PM EST.
- Selected Standard shipping.
- Order Cutoff Time is set to 2:00 PM EST, so the order processing day will start on Thursday, Dec 2nd.
- Your fulfillment lag time assigned to the ordered SKU is set to 1 day, so the Expected Ship Date (ESD) will be set to Friday, Dec 3rd.
- Your Standard shipping transit time is set to 4 business days in the shipping template.
Given the above data, your Expected Delivery Date will be set to Thursday, Dec 9th.